Sunday, July 13, 2014

Origins

     Both sides of my family are originally from the Caribbean island of Haiti.  Although I have only visited Haiti once the presence of the culture was strong in my household here in New Jersey.   A large part of my personal origin is the constant reminder from Haitian parents on the importance of school.  Education and working towards success is a key message children of Haitian parents will frequently receive.  I believe this part of my parents culture had an impact on my work ethic.  
     In addition to my family playing a big role on my origins there is also the town that I born and raised, Bloomfield, NJ.  As I grew up the town became very diverse with a various ethnic groups mixed together in the school system.  This helped me become more culturally sensitive growing up in this kind of setting.  



No comments:

Post a Comment